Accreditation - Information
Vera Kimbrall joins Bill Faulkner and Dr. Howard Rowley to discuss performing MRI exams on patients with un-tested / un-labeled implanted cardiac electronic devices (ICEDs). Topics include procedures related to MR precautions, procedures, scheduling considerations, patient monitoring and appropriate support personnel.
- Describe the difference between labeled and un-labeled devices
- Name MR safety-related concerns as it relates to the 3 types of magnetic fields utilized in MRI
- State the current recommended MR conditions under which an un-labeled ICED should be scanned
- Name the recommended physiologic monitoring methods when performing an MRI on a patient with an un-labeled ICED
- State the recommend non-MR personnel who should be present during an MRI exam of a patient with an un-labeled ICED
The content of this Contrast Enhanced MRI Program is intended for healthcare professionals who work in the MRI environment. These individuals include MRI Technologists, Imaging Nurses, MRI Researchers, and Others.
This program has been submitted for .75 hour of Category A CE credit as designated by the Society for MR Radiographers & Technologists (SMRT) RCEEM.